“Children’s books enrich. They always offer their readers potential- a chance- an opportunity. Kids with books have better opportunities, more opportunities, measurable better and measurably more than kids without. Children’s books are not optional- they matter- and getting those books to kids matters. Children’s books hold potential.” – Kira Lynn, Kane Miller
The Foundations of Usborne Books & More
Usborne Books & More is a division of Educational Development Corporation (EDC)- the American publisher of both Usborne and Kane Miller books. Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Usborne Books & More was founded in 1989 and has grown into a highly recognized and respected children’s publisher. Usborne Books & More is associated with colorful illustrations and inspiring stories that both instruct and delight children.
Award-winning Usborne Publishing was created by Peter Usborne, a successful publisher whose entrance into fatherhood inspired him to pioneer a new generation of books that would compete with television, video games, and comic books. Kane Miller books were added to the Usborne Books & More product line in 2008 and feature are award-winning books from around the world. Both Usborne and Kane Miller books include fiction and non-fiction and cover a wide range of subjects for kids of all ages.
What Sets Usborne Books & More Apart
Usborne Books & More products are created to meet rigorous standards in accuracy, quality, safety, and child-friendliness. The durable construction is designed to hold up to kids. Independent consultants can even offer customers a lifetime half-price replacement warranty. The books are thoroughly researched; created with attention to detail; and include humor, whenever possible. They entice children to read. The Usborne reading program was created in collaboration with reading experts. It provides essential scaffolding for foundational reading skills, propelling children into a life-long love of reading. Usborne Books & More books are distinctive is several ways.
- Usborne books are interactive. Every book produced by Usborne Books & More is designed to entice children to engage with the book. Many books give children the opportunity to physically interact with the pages by tracing finger paths, feeling textures, lifting flaps, or revealing hidden pictures. The interactivity teaches holds attention, teaches cause and effect, and prepares children for more comprehensive texts.
- Usborne books are non-commercialized. Usborne Books & More publications shield children from consumerism. They do not feature commercial characters, rather they are composed of original, purposeful content. The books use curiosity and innovation, not commercialization, to capture children’s interest.
- Usborne Books & More opens the world to children. Usborne Books & More carries books written and/or illustrated by authors and artists across the globe. This introduces children to different cultures through art and story and exposes them to enriching world views that are often absent in most children’s books. This inspires greater empathy and kindness in children.
- Usborne Books respect children and celebrate their potential. Usborne Books works with child development experts to ensure that books are developmentally appropriate. Peter Usborne’s philosophy is, “Children are geniuses and deserve books that treat them that way. Books should be friendly, and as much like magnets as possible. They should be reliable and accurate, stylish and artistic. They should be accessible, and also surprising and provocative. Books should help get you off your couch so you’re not just sitting there watching TV and chewing gum. They should promote wondering. They should be better than good.”
- Usborne Books & More makes a difference to families. Usborne Books & More are primarily sold through consultants who recognize the uniqueness of the Usborne brand, love helping others find the perfect books for the kids in their life and want to promote childhood literacy in their community. When you buy books from an Usborne Books & More consultant, you are purchasing them from someone with vested interest in providing great service to children, families, classrooms, and libraries.
Opportunities for You and Your Children
I am absolutely committed to the mission of Usborne Books & More to “provide educational excellence, foster strong family values and touch the lives of children for a lifetime.” Whether it’s by helping strengthen family bonds through shared story time, introducing a child to a topic that becomes a passion, helping a reluctant reader discover a love of books, or putting free books in the hands of deserving kids through our charitable book drives, Usborne Books & More makes a difference. You can take advantage of what Usborne has to over by browsing our catalog and adding incredible books to your home library. Or, you may prefer to join my team so that you can bring in additional income by sharing these unique books with others. Contact me today for personal book recommendations or to see how you can take part in the fabulous business venture Usborne Books & More has to offer.
Looking For A Shopping Event?