They sometimes say that you have to experience before you can know. This may be true with some things, but I really hope my kids don’t trysmoking before they know that it is bad for you. Likewise, I don’t think you have to try out different work from home opportunities to know which one works for you the best. I would agree that it is important to do your research, however. That is why I have created a guide about working from home opportunities for moms – so you can know what is available to you that fits your lifestyle and preferences. I am partial to becoming an Usborne Books & More independent consultant, which I talk more about below, but my intent with this guide is to help moms just like you discover what they really want to do if they want a little extra cash for their families.
Work from Home Employees
A lot of work from home opportunities are much like regular job with the exception that they can be done remotely. Some of the more popular jobs that moms usually get with this type of flexibility includes phone/customer services reps, tech support providers, transcriptionists, or data entry specialists. The benefit of a job like this is consistent, though the drawback is that you don’t often get to set your own hours.
If you are more interested in setting your own terms of work, there are a couple other routes you could go with freelancing. Writers, such as those for magazines, blogs, or copy writing, virtual assistants, web designers, or other commission-based freelancing jobs are often the most popular types you can snag up pretty easily.
Unlike the other online opportunities already listed, I highly recommend becoming an Usborne independent consultant, and here’s why:
- It offers freedom and flexibility with your schedule.
- You can make as much or as little as you would like to based on your schedule.
- There are endless perks.
- You work for yourself.
- If you do the work you are supposed to, you are guaranteed to get paid.
- If you don’t do the work, it’s no biggie! You are your own boss, so it’s okay.
There are so many great reasons from a work-from-home standpoint why this is amazing, but there are also other great reasons why I would suggest this over any other type of direct sales business:
- You get to work with children and books.
- You can truly influence and make a difference people’s lives.
- You have a whole team of people, including me, behind you helping you to succeed.
- There is untold potential for growth, both in the company and your own personal life.
If you are looking for a work from home opportunity as a mom, I recommend Usborne Books & More to anyone. There are a lot of questions you likely have about the program, so I hope to answer them here or you can follow this link to find out more about Usborne consulting!